Here are some essential experiences I would recommend:
- Visiting Pemba, a coastal town at the mouth of a huge bay with a great beach, some interesting buildings and a lively atmosphere.
- Exploring Mozambique Island, the northern half of which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Swimming in the Bazaruto Archipelago National Park
- Seeing the grand Zambezi River dammed by the Barragem de Cahora Bassa -- set in stunning scenery at the head of a magnificent gorge.
- Lazing on the long, beautiful beaches of Tofo and Barra.
Hope this helps. I'm part of a personalized travel planning service (see Bio). I'll be happy to recommend an expert to help you plan your whole trip, if you like. Just inbox me or leave a comment here.