Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Quora is required to inform California residents of the categories of personal information that it intends to collect and the purposes for which that personal information will be used. Quora discloses information in accordance with this requirement below.
Categories of Personal Information to Be Collected
Quora will collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal Identifiers (such as, name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol address, email address, bank account information, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers);
- Categories of Personal Information listed in California customer records law (Cal. Civ. Code. § 1798.80(e)) (such as, signature, telephone number, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education information, employment information, and employment history);
- Protected Classifications (such as, race, sex, age, nationality and disability status);
- Biometric information;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information;
- Professional or employment related information;
- Education information (as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA));
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a candidate reflecting their preferences, characteristics, soft-skills, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes; and
- Other information (that identifies, relates to, or is capable of being associated with you).
Purposes for Which Personal Information Will Be Used
Quora may use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- for legal actions, claims and other liabilities;
- to comply with applicable law and law enforcement requirements;
- to advance Quora’s commercial or economic interests, through recruitment operations, business management, or future planning;
- to analyze the effectiveness of our recruiting process, improve the recruiting experience, make hiring decisions and assess the composition of our candidates and workforce;
- to prosecute those responsible for malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- to maintain or service job applicant records;
- to verify job applicant information;
- to provide for payments, such as reimbursement for travel expenses; and
- to ensure and improve the safety of Quora’s employees.